The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association is pleased to offer main floor rentals of our the historic McHugh House Community Hub. The McHugh House is a unique, character-rich event space that's centrally-located and fully-loaded with new amenities at accessible rental rates.
Contact our Community Coordinator at email@example.com for more information or to book a tour
The McHugh House is fully wheelchair accessible space with entrance facing 17 Avenue SW.
- Maximum capacity: 50 people
- Located on Humpy Hollow Park (contact City of Calgary for booking)
- 40 foldable chairs and 7 foldable tables of various sizes stowed under stairs when not in use
- 40" flat screen TV with Apple TV and 25' HDMI cable
- Free high-speed wifi
- Energy efficient LED lighting
Full kitchen complete with all-new appliances.
- Four burner electric smooth-top stove with oven
- Full refrigerator with ice maker
- Toaster oven
- Double sink
- Glasswear, tableware and cutlery
- Pots and pans
- Counter space for prep
One main floor fully wheelchair accessible single bathroom.
- Hand dryer
- Change table (coming soon!)
The McHugh House is located along 17th Avenue in the Beltline. There is street parking surrounding the McHugh House, as well as on adjacent streets.
Booking and Rates
Location: The McHugh House is located at 1515 Centre St S, Calgary AB on the corner of Centre Street and 17th Avenue SW.
Rental Hours McHugh House rental hours from 6am - 2am, 7 days a week.
Payment - Cash or online with credit card.
Must be minimum 18 years old to rent the McHugh House.
2 Hour Minimum
Half Day Rental
1st Half - Morning to 4pm
2nd Half - 4pm to Close
Full Day Rental
Friday & Saturday
Sunday - Thursday
- Incentives available for regular bookings
- Janitorial charges will be applied based on the size and purpose of your event ($25 up to $80)
- Damage deposit will be applied based on the size and purpose of your event ($200 up to $1000)
- All bookings require BNA membership $10/year. Link to the membership page
Are there other, more immediate options available? Paypal, E-Transfer
- A Security Deposit is required to hold the date(s). All bookings are considered to be tentative until Security Deposit and signed Rental Agreement are received from client.
- E-transfer us within 30 days of the event date.
Security Deposit is required within a week of booking the rental.
- Rental payment is due one month in advance of the start of the rental date, or immediately if booking less than one month in advance. The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association reserves the right to cancel your booking if rental fees have not been paid by the due date.
If a booking is cancelled, either by the client or the Beltline Neighbourhoods Association:
- up to one month before the event date, a cancellation fee of 30% of your rental fee will be withheld from the Security Deposit.
- less than one month, a cancellation fee of 50% of the amount of your rental fee will be withheld.
- Events at the The McHugh House are not permitted to run past 2am, including clean-up.
- Please be respectful of our neighbours.
The McHugh House is a shared space
The McHugh House Community Hub is a shared space with several community non-profit organizations co-existing on the 2nd and 3rd floors. These floors are off-limits to clients renting the main floor space. Additionally, these community partners share the same entrance to the house and may enter or exit at anytime. As a shared space and hub, we ask that all users be mindful of each other.
Set-Up and Clean Up
The client is responsible for clean-up and restoring the rental space to the condition in which it was rented, as follows:
- All decorations, equipment and personal items brought in by the client must be removed.
- Tables and chairs must be arranged neatly in the room under the stairs.
- Sweep floors of all debris.
- Spot mop spills and sticky areas (brooms & mop provided).
- Remove all garbage to outside City waste bins.
- Check bathroom to ensure that toilet is clean, has been flushed and taps are turned off properly. Ensure there are no nasty surprises for our tenants of the McHugh House!
- Please designate some volunteers in advance to help with clean-up at the end of the event.
- Please ask your guests/volunteers to RECYCLE all paper, cardboard, plastic containers, plastic bags/plastic wrapping, tin cans and glass jars in blue bin provided. Please place food scraps in COMPOST bin provided, wherever possible. No styrofoam products please!
Use of Kitchen
- Use of kitchen is included in the rental fee.
- Supplies in cupboards marked as City of Calgary are not to be used.
- The client is responsible for clean-up of the kitchen so that it is left in the same condition in which it was found.
- removal of all food and items which the client or client’s caterer brought in
- wipe down of all kitchen surfaces, sinks, stoves, fridges and microwaves, where used
- sweeping and mopping of kitchen floor
- removal of all garbage to outside waste container
- IMPORTANT: If there is a False fire alarm call during the client’s event (caused by the client, guests, or suppliers), the client will be responsible for paying the fine. The City of Calgary Fire Department’s fine for a false alarm event may vary from $300 to $1,000.
Events with Alcohol
An AGLC liquor licence must be displayed in the bar throughout the event, with attached receipts showing liquor purchases. The person signing the liquor licence is responsible for alcohol consumption and the safety of guests. AGLC Laws will be in effect throughout the event.
- The client is not permitted to put any new hooks or nails in the wall. The client must ask the permission of the BNA to hang anything on the wall.
- Please do not use confetti. An extra cleaning charge will apply if confetti is used.
- Use of candles, flammable liquids, pyrotechnics, sparklers and smoke machines is prohibited. We do allow use of battery operated candles.
- Note: DJ fog machines will set off the smoke detector alarm, so must not be used.
- The client is strongly encouraged to purchase Event Insurance.
- Note: The BNA’s liability insurance does not cover the client’s liability in the event of a claim.
- View the full Rental Agreement
- McHugh House Photo Gallery
Contact our Community Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book a tour.