We are now seeking a diversity of inspired residents and future community leaders to join our Board of Directors to work with us to continue to build a better Beltline.
HELP BUILD A BETTER BELTLINE NEIGHBOURHOOD...AND A BETTER CITY
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association (BNA) is a volunteer-run non-profit that has been actively shaping and advocating for the success of the Beltline neighbourhood since 2016. Initiatives include the Green Line LRT underground alignment, expanded cycle track network, Humpy Hollow Park, McHugh House Community & Arts Hub, High Park, Beltline Bonspiel, BUMP Festival, The Beltlandian Neighbourhood Zine, Beltline Fridge, and more!
There are a number of positions available listed below. In addition to the duties common to all directors, each board member is assigned to a specific portfolio and set of responsibilities relevant to that position.
BOARD MEMBERS: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act in the best long-term interests of the BNA and the Beltline.
- Be a Regular Member in good standing of the BNA.
- Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings.
- Generally maintain a monthly time commitment of 5-10 hours.
- Volunteer at BNA events.
- Provide input into the strategic plan and monitor the organization’s progress towards achieving established goals
DIRECTOR OF PARKS AND PUBLIC SPACES
The Beltline has many parks and open space. The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association works with residents and the City to continue to make these spaces better for the community. The Director of Parks and Public Spaces will:
- Report to the Director of Planning and Urban Development within the Planning Committee.
- Interface with the City of Calgary Parks department.
- Explore new projects for Beltline Parks and Open Spaces.
- Help with resident engagement on new parks projects.
- Lead parks and public space sub-committees and special meetings when required.
- Attend special meetings, events and public hearings from time-to-time to advocate for matters relevant to Beltline parks and public spaces.
- Acts as vice-chair of the BNA Planning Committee.
VICE CHAIR OF PLANNING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
The Beltline is home to some of the most ongoing development in the City. The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association works to ensure new developments respect planning and development policies, are positive for the community and of public benefit. The Vice-chair of planning will:
- Support the Director of Planning in chairing the BNA Planning committee.
- Coordinate with the Director of Planning on reviewing and responding to development circulations from the City.
- Actively promote high-quality, responsible urban design in the community.
- Work with the City of Calgary to undertake periodic reviews of policy frameworks and development bylaws that are relevant to the community.
- Maintain productive working relationships with the City of Calgary Planning & Development Department as well as developers who are doing work in the Beltline
- Work with the Director of Communications to communicate important development matters to the community at large.
- Work with the Director of Planning, Director of Parks and Public Spaces, Director of Transportation, and Director of Flood Resiliency as part of the BNA Planning Committee.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association works to keep residents informed with local community news and developments in the Beltline. The Director of Communications will work to ensure we engage with residents across a variety of platforms from web, to social media and print.
- Work with the President and Board on communications.
- Managing Editor of The Beltlandian neighbourhood zine and Beltlandian Brief email blast for the Beltline.
- Help manage and monitor social media accounts.
- Work with our Community Coordinator to respond to the BNA general emails.
- Support BNA advocacy campaigns.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and brief cover letter indicating the position you are applying for to [email protected] by February 15th, 2024.