This free, family-friendly event will feature all-ages bands and DJs curated by CJSW 90.9 FM, local snacks and beverages, an exhibition of historic photos of the McHugh House, historical story telling on the McHugh Family, kids activities and community partners.
OUTSIDE THE HOUSE
12:00PM - McHugh House Grand Opening Ceremony - Join us along with Mayor Nenshi, Ward 8 Councillor Evan Woolley, Calgary-Buffalo MLA Minister Kathleen Ganley and Calgary-Centre MP Minister Kent Hehr for some short words as we officially open the McHugh House Beltline Community Hub.
12:30PM - Cowtown Opera - signature artistic company of Calgary, surprising audiences with cheeky, English-language interpretations of operatic classics, remarkable vocal calibre, and daring new projects.
1:00PM - Pre Nup - Pop punk and power pop, just like when u wer yung.
2:00PM - Manaray - Spiritually inclined drug induced alternative rock music.
INSIDE THE HOUSE
11AM - DJ Kendra Scanlon (What Will the Neighbours Think) - House beats and future bass guaranteed to make you wanna dance.
12:30PM - Karen Gummo - Local historian and story teller on JJ McHugh and family.
1:00PM - DJ Jamal Hamadeh (Freshly Squeezed) - Sit back, relax, and let these rhythms soothe your soul.
2:00PM - DJ Diana (Hive Mind) - Dystopian beats and industrial jams. Welcome to the Hivemind!
- Face painting and games in the park - The kids deserve a party too!
- Memorial Park Library Musicial Instrument Lending Library - Try out a selection of musical instruments from this newly opened gem in the Beltline. Inside the house, 2nd floor.
- Historic photo exhibition on the McHugh House - brought to you by the Calgary Foundation and the Glenbow. Inside the house.
- Open Streets Calgary - Try out Open Streets' pedal power bikes!
- Good Life Community Bikes - Everybody's favourite community bike shop.
Food & Drink
- Last Best Brewing & Distilling will be serving up delicious food in the park (11AM-2PM).
- Avec Bistro one of the best bistro's in town will be in the park to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Made by Marcus Ice Cream handcrafted ice cream made right here in the Beltline.
- Kaffeeklatsch cold brew coffee available for purchase in the park.
- Wild Tea Kombucha available for purchase in the park. Brewed in small batches by hand in Calgary and flavoured using fresh pressed juices for bold, cocktail inspired flavours!
A major thank you to our event sponsors for helping us launch the exciting new McHugh House Community Hub and host the first ever Neighbour Day for the Beltline!
1515 Centre St SW
Google map and directions