The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association is seeking a motivated, self-driven individual with strong organizational skills and a community and arts focus for our new Community Coordinator position. The successful candidate will work out of our office in the beautiful, historic McHugh House.
The role will entail:
Helping realize the McHugh House as a bustling community hub for the Beltline and Calgary by attracting community events and programming, and scheduling bookings.
Managing general inquiries to the BNA with respect to memberships, events, questions about community issues and the McHugh House.
Supporting our seven McHugh House tenants as a contact point to make sure operations at the house are running smoothly.
Attending BNA Board Meetings once per month.
Hours and Start Date
Starting 8 hours per week at $25/hr with opportunity for quick growth as bookings increase at the McHugh House to support more work. Hours are flexible. Start date Fall 2017.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to [email protected] no later than October 15.
About the BNA
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association is a vibrant new community association for the Beltline district in urban Calgary encompassing the neighbourhoods of West Connaught, Connaught Centre, Victoria Centre and East Victoria.
We are proud to be a recognized member of the Federation of Calgary Communities along with over 200 other community associations and non-profit organizations in Calgary and are officially registered with the Alberta Government.
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association is a grassroots organization founded by engaged residents with a history of service in their communities who wanted to build an accessible and diverse association open to all residents to get involved in making the Beltline an even better place.
The BNA is building a stronger, better Beltline
Successfully advocated for:
- Underground Green Line LRT under 12 Ave SW through the Beltline.
- Fully buried Enmax Transmission Line.
- Traffic calming for 14/15 Avenue detours including crosswalks, curb extensions and bike lanes.
Organized events and exciting projects, including:
- Beltline Bonspiel - the first outdoor bonspiel in Calgary in over 100 years.
- Beltline Neighbourday 2017 - the first public celebration of Neighbour Day in the Beltline.
- Neighbourhood Block Party - a great family event at Thomson Family Park with complimentary delicious local food, live DJ, bocce, Zumba, face painting and bouncy castles!
- Backyard Alley Party - in partnership with the City of Calgary and 17 Ave SW, we transformed the alley between 4 Street and 5 Street SW north of 17 Ave into an urban backyard with live music, DJs, games, fire pits, pints, patios, yoga, local vendors and more!
- Beltline Urban Murals Project - We're commissioning a pile of new murals for the Beltline!
- All-ages music shows at McHugh House - In partnership with CJSW, we're hosting an ongoing series of all-ages music shows at the McHugh House!